9.12.08

Why?

I do not understand religion
Or politics, and other such words
But tell me, are words reason enough
for you to want to kill me?

I make my pilgrimage on the daily local
All I ever worship is bread
My only crusade, to feed a family of seven
Brother, why do you need to kill me?

Perhaps, I have done you wrong
By my ignorance of your existence, your pain
Perhaps, I do not know your God
Although, I hardly know mine
Perhaps I didn't try enough to understand
But wouldn't you care to explain?

I'd tell you this though, brother
I never meant you any harm
I am, was, merely
A bundle of hopes, fears and desires
Like you, just like you, then
Why did you have to kill me?

1 comment:

Monami Roy said...

i can tell where this stems from.
thanks for droppin' by.
do come back, to my not so humble abode.
:)

\m/